Event at a Glance
As of 1 April 2013, there are 2886 academies open in England, and the government is committed to growing this number further.
This was emphasised by Prime Minister David Cameron who, whilst hosting the Cabinet meeting at the John Cabot Academy in Bristol in November 2012, announced that 400 weakest maintained Primary Schools will be turned into academies to help improve standards and results.
If you are a headteacher, governor, business manager, finance director or bursar at a maintained school considering conversion, in the process of converting or an established academy, a local authority education leader, prospective sponsor or anyone else with a professional interest in the Academies Programme, The Academies Show London 2013 will provide you with a wealth of relevant, valuable and FREE insights, discussions and practical advice.
We encourage you to explore these pages to find out what you will be able to benefit from on the day, however, in brief, this important conference and exhibition is specifically focussed on:
- Converting, setting up, funding and managing Academies
- Critical issues to consider for Sponsored Academies and Sponsors, including funding and collaboration
- Raising education standards and improving results
- Setting HR policies and recruitment processes, including pay and staff conditions
- Complying with complex legal and property requirements
- Building an environment which inspires and supports young people to succeed
- Facilitating good working relationships with stakeholders including local authorities
- Creating a curriculum in line with highest international standards
- Promoting staff and pupil engagement
- Championing innovative thinking
- Increasing cost-efficiency and productivity
- Working with suppliers to identify and implement the right products and services to support schools through every stage of the process
During the day, you will be able to attend, completely FREE:
- A high-level CONFERENCE
- SEMINAR THEATRES with real-life case studies
- A comprehensive EXHIBITION AREA featuring up to 100 leading suppliers to Schools
To ensure the event addresses the issues most critical to you, we are working closely with key organisations at the heart of the Academies Programme – please keep an eye on this website and our Twitter account for announcements.
The first Academies Show London 2013 speakers have been annouced and they include:
- Dominic Herrington, Director, Academies Delivery Group, Department for Education
- Dr. Elizabeth Sidwell CBE, Schools Commissioner for England
- Tom Clark CBE, Executive Chairman, Freedom and Autonomy for Schools – National Association (FASNA)
- David Wooton, Chair, Independent Academies Association
- Russell Andrews, Director, Technology and Planning, Education Funding Agency
- Emma Knights, Chief Executive, National Governors Association
So, whether you are considering conversion, are in the process of converting or already managing an established Academy and want to see its staff and students thrive, make sure that you don’t miss this essential day – 24 April 2013 at ExCeL London.
We look forward to welcoming you there!